Monday, February 20, 2012

Short and Simple

Chapter 3 Critical Thinking

Why are short sentences and short paragraphs appropriate for business communication?

In business communication, we communicate through email, business letters, text messages, and verbal communication. People prefer short concise sentences and short paragraphs that state clearly what the main points are.
Where I work, we communicate through email 90% of the time. I have lots of email correspondence and would like to get through to every email. I like to read direct and to the point responses that answer my questions. Some of my coworkers like to compose long, detailed, and wordy emails. Some of my other coworkers don't answer the question I'm asking or give me a different answer. People are busy replying to other colleagues and would like to get through to everyone.
Short, direct, concise sentences and short paragraphs are appropriate and preferred in business communications over long wordy emails. You can state your point in less than 3 sentences instead of long detailed paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment